Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2020, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Aug 2020 16:17:50 -0400
From:         Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@IP-SOLUTIONS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Project Farm Battery Test Battery offering!
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Dennis,

There’s a guy (DIYvan) who does a similar setup for Ford Transits. I was really interested but looking at Renogy”s 200Ah battery it weighs in at an impressive 178 lbs (I believe).

That’s a whole other passenger in terms of weight. Compare that with a LiFePO4 and there’s a huge difference in weight, longevity, and space. If you DIY your own LiFEPO4 (Will Prose YouTube) and you’re down to a similar cost.

I realize that’s way off from what you were asking so apologies for meandering about in my email.

Cheers, Harry