Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2020, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Aug 2020 09:06:01 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Another Bus Depot side tent question

Hi folks,

Does anyone have the new tent design?

My question after putting it up several times, and after consulting with a customer assistant at Bus Depot is how to attach the new arch poles to the tent for the awnings.

The directions need some work but I mostly figured things out.

The new tent comes with a lot of “velcro” strips and the instructions say “tie the poles with the strips. But with several folks asked and taking it as a personal challenge I could not figure out how to use the strips.

Basically I had to use scrap rope to tie them but that was not very elegant and they ideally need good support but need to come down and up more easily in case of wind or weather. Also they should be attached where they cross. Over all it is a sweet but heavy tent.

There are some other set up issues I’ll describe as well as some solutions.

And I better stock up on extra tent stakes and rope.

Still it is over all a fun tent, and I look forward to working out the kinks.

Anyone got one and can describe how to attach the arch poles to the corner poles with the velcro? Or how to use the velcro provided for the arch poles where they cross?

Provided are many about foot long strips of velcro stuck together, so the non stick side is out. I’ve tried all different configurations to work them and not successful.

I’ve used velcro cable ties before and these don’t work like those.

Clever advice needed.

I wanted to solve this issue before writing up a review.

Eric Caron Currently bus camping out of my buss Depot tent.