Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2020, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Aug 2020 12:28:45 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: 110 Volt shore power question
Comments: To: "drt@uoregon.edu" <drt@uoregon.edu>

Found disconnected ground at inlet box.  Changing out plug and seeing if that was the problem. Power and neutral wire connections intact.  Once new/rebuilt power inlet installed, I will check things out with a meter.  I'll let you know what happens.  It figures this happens on Saturday, And before a Monday start to a camping trip. Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Douglas Toomey <drt@uoregon.edu> To: ddbjorkman@verizon.net <ddbjorkman@verizon.net> Sent: Fri, Aug 14, 2020 6:19 pm Subject: Re: 110 Volt shore power question

I will go check mine. You could test if It is that by going into your cubbies and putting a current meter to the connections.  Let me look how easy that is to do...

On Aug 14, 2020, at 2:36 PM, ddbjorkman@verizon.net wrote: What about the circuit breaker?  That's in the circuit and I think the operation of the breaker button isn't right.  Any thoughts?  What should happen when that breaker button is pushed? ThanksDave B.The one in MA

-----Original Message----- From: Douglas Toomey <drt@uoregon.edu> To: ddbjorkman@verizon.net <ddbjorkman@verizon.net> Sent: Fri, Aug 14, 2020 5:26 pm Subject: 110 Volt shore power question

Dave, I thought you were the electrical expert! Or is that another dave.   I’ve had this apart.  It is just a house wire from port on side of car to electrical box inside.  So unless a critter chewed up the wire, I would check connections on either end.

Hi Eric.  If you get this twice (to you and to the list) you may skip this.  If only once, please repost to the list as I am not sure I am getting through.

I am having a problem with my 110v circuit.  All of a sudden, I am getting not getting 110 voltage from either plug.  I am sure the supply to the outside socket is there.  I tried pushing the button inside the sleeve below the interior plug.  I assume it is the circuit breaker mentioned in the Bentley wiring diagram.  The button does not give much resistance and only moves a little bit.  It doesn't "click".  Any thoughts on this before I start pulling things apart?  It would be nice if it was something simple.

Dave B.

________________________________________Prof. Douglas Toomey 1272 Earth Sciences University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1272

https://blogs.uoregon.edu/dougtoomey/  http://geophysics.uoregon.edu  (541) 346 5576 (work) (541) 632 2526 (mobile) ________________________________________