Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2020, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Aug 2020 13:31:49 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: How to install the Westfalia sliding bench?
Comments: To: Jeff Palmer <w.jeff.palmer@ICLOUD.COM>

Hi Jeff,

I look forward to other’s replying.

My bench may not have been a original Westfalia but it has the sliding rails. I actually have two benches a brown and a grey.

In order to fit I took off the arm rest that would have gone against the stove side of the van. This let the seat move in a bit and I could then line up a bolt or two in the track.

I suspect there were special bolts that were never passed on to me. The bolts that hold on the rail covers seem a bit short and don’t match up for me. Still I was able to get a couple to go in and keep the seat from sliding left to right. Forward and back is secured by the rails. With the arm rest off the slider just fit with enough room to wiggle in a securing bolt.

Look forward to learning more from your post and the replies.

Eric Caron 85 GL currently with engine and transmission out and front end coming together.