Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2020, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Aug 2020 13:02:27 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: adjustable ww delay relay
Comments: To: "lalofs@gmail.com" <lalofs@gmail.com>

My setup from the dealer has the fixed length intermittent wiper setting.  Push the stalk down.  I did not correctly state that in my last message.  I meant adjustable intermittent wipers.  I believe that it was available on some later models.  I am thinking more and more about trying the 99 relay and bypassing the problem.  Nuts, a thought just crossed my mind.  I am still left with windshield washers not working.   Hmmm. Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Alofs <lalofs@gmail.com> To: ddbjorkman@verizon.net <ddbjorkman@verizon.net>; vanagonlist a <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Tue, Aug 25, 2020 9:26 pm Subject: Re: adjustable ww delay relay

Dave,  If your van did not originally have intermittent wipers (with the fixed interval), the "99" relay is not a simple plug and play.  I have read somewhere about the modifications needed to the parts in the steering column and perhaps in the relay socket assy. in that situation.  It's probably in the archives...somewhere.  Maybe someone will pipe up with the info. Larry A.