Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2020, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Sep 2020 08:37:04 -0700
From:         David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Upgrading the Vanagon list
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@gmail.com>

I for one am quite comfortable with the list the way it is, with the one exception that I would like to see photos attached. I am not a tech guru, but my understanding is that is an option for the list, and previous administrators chose not to allow it for reasons of conserving bandwidth. That should not be a problem today, and the change could be made.

So far as the list being difficult for youngsters, well, it is far simpler than lots of internet stuff today. I subscribe to newspapers, magazines, a couple of other social media devices. All have mechanisms that this old codger would rather not have to deal with. Those more internet and computer savvy than I am certainly should be able to handle this list easily, more easily than I do other stuff. And the instructions for the list are exceedingly easy to follow.

The thing that bothers me a lot is that I long ago subscribed to Facebook, because people kept telling me I really needed to to keep up with some things. Guess what? It is terrible, intrusive, and so many other things, some of which I can't say on a family friendly list. But I can't figure out how to unsubscribe, and keep getting all kinds of crap I don't want on my regular email prodding me about using it (which I do not). I also find Yahoo Groups, which some people seem to love, to be a bother. This list is simple, pleasant, and friendly. Let's keep it so.

Facebook be da_ned!