Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2020, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Oct 2020 08:25:38 -0700
From:         Dug Smith <dug@DUGBERT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Air conditioner in a camper
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@comcast.net>

My understanding is that the heat pump is more efficient than an air conditioner on electric power, but I think the sort of batteries we have will struggle to keep I've going for very long. Figure that an electric heater is usually 1500W, so at 12V, that's over 100A. Even if it's half that, it's still a lot more power than you can get out of a Mr Buddy šŸ™‚