Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2020, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:39:28 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: OT Friday , hard turning on the lathe with ceramic inserts
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@comcast.net>

Hey Eric,

I like that you liked the inside baseball type rambling on the turning.

And I’ll say, any mechanical win at home, no matter how trivial it might seem, is a bigger win than one at work.

And that lead to another trite observation. When I get home I’m done. I have little mental or physical energy to do much. It’s getting less so as I get more experience in the three machines I’m responsible for at work. But the learning curve on those cnc machines was steep for an old man like me.

It’s a paradoxical situation, I now have fantastic resources to make things but little energy left to do it :-)

Alistair