Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2020, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Oct 2020 10:36:32 -0400
From:         Pete O <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Two questions about shady boy awnings
Comments: To: "Jim. Felder" <jim.felder@gmail.com>

Hi, Jim!

We installed our Shady Boy in 2003 and over the years have tried various remedies to stop rainwater from doing exactly that. The only sure fire way to stop water from cascading down is to close the slider. We've tried pool noodles cut in half, temporary tarps and nothing really worked. Contemplating a silicone caulk type of application now.

FYI - I had an ARB on my 1979 Westy for a year before I sold it. If I had the choice now, would choose the ARB over the Shady Boy every time. It deals with heavy rain much better and the water at the slider is not an issue. Price is better, too!

Pete Owsianowski 1987 Westy "JoesVan"