Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2020, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Dec 2020 09:37:26 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Zoltan, shout out

On the sister Westfalia list I saw this thread and posted here so Zoltan would see it.

Nice to be remembered so fondly. They were discussing painting experiences and looking for reliable work in general.

This list used to be focused on camping and west coast but I’m seeing many Vanagon members there and most conversations I’ve seen after re subscribing have had technical content so it is open to that for sure.

Eric Caron Weighting on my van but it is close.

Had my Syncro painted years ago by Zoltan, a guy that specialized in Vanagons and was sort of a guy that was hard to track down. He popped the windows and did all the seams. Cost about $8k. He worked with another painter. Unfortunately, he decided to move back to the old country. After almost 4 years, the only problem is a little paint cracking on 2 seams. There is a shop in Kent that could probably do a van at an affordable price, but they are painting my Fiat Campagnola 4x4 and they are on month 9 trying to finish it. They don't seem to be cutting any corners but they do so many insurance jobs that my project gets put almost on permanent back burner. A little frustrating.

--- Milt

-----Original Message----- From: Leonard Yarberry <lcyarberry@gmail.com <mailto:lcyarberry@gmail.com>> To: WetWesties@groups.io <mailto:WetWesties@groups.io> Sent: Sun, Dec 13, 2020 5:53 pm Subject: Re: [WetWesties] Seattle Paint Shop

Totally agree with Jerry. They did major work for us 5 years ago. Same story as today. Cannot get it together

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020, 17:48 jerry irwin <vwjerry206@gmail.com <mailto:vwjerry206@gmail.com>> wrote: Honestly - it's amazing Northwesty is still around. You ask enough people and it's obvious the work is consistently terrible, the owner can't keep a team together and there's just little there, there. it's amazing there's not more bad reviews. I spend some time with some full time van lifers a few years ago who, both, got totally screwed.

Peace vans body and paint work was always the best when they did it. When I spoke with them, though, it was clear they actually lost money and that's one of the reasons they quit it.

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 9:20 AM BOB GORDON <traderbob@gordontrading.us <mailto:traderbob@gordontrading.us>> wrote: I had some brake work done at NorthWesty a few years back and after driving back to Portland, discovered that the lug nuts were only engaging the studs with 3.5 turns. I had to repair it my time and my expence. Will not recommend this shop ever. -Bob -----Original Message----- From: "tnlsea via groups.io <http://groups.io/>" <tnlsea=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2020 08:38 To: WetWesties@groups.io <mailto:WetWesties@groups.io> Subject: Re: [WetWesties] Seattle Paint Shop

I had NorthWesty do a full repaint (+ other drivetrain work) of my Vanagon a few years back. I had stripped the interior so that they could get at it from both sides. They quoted 6 weeks, but I didn't get the van back for over 10 months. The seam rust has already returned and there is rust bubbling in other places. I haven't gone back.

- Tom _._,_._,_ Groups.io <http://groups.io/> Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#63232) <https://groups.io/g/WetWesties/message/63232> | Reply To Group <mailto:WetWesties@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWetWesties%5D%20Seattle%20Paint%20Shop> | Reply To Sender <mailto:belisletrixie@aol.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWetWesties%5D%20Seattle%20Paint%20Shop> | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/78759237/5221328> | New Topic <https://groups.io/g/WetWesties/post> PICTURES! https://get.google.com/albumarchive/105098139931413481386 <https://get.google.com/albumarchive/105098139931413481386> Calendar of events: http://www.wetwesties.org/calendar <http://www.wetwesties.org/calendar> For technical resources: http://www.wetwesties.org/links.htm <http://www.wetwesties.org/links.htm> Your Subscription <https://groups.io/g/WetWesties/editsub/5221328> | Contact Group Owner <mailto:WetWesties+owner@groups.io> | Unsubscribe <https://groups.io/g/WetWesties/leave/9166575/1831925196/xyzzy> [ericcaron96@comcast.net <mailto:ericcaron96@comcast.net>] _._,_._,_