Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2020, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Dec 2020 17:06:53 -0800
From:         David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Difficulty / time to replace clutch - 1991 Westfalia 2WD
Comments: To: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@comcast.net>

I'm certainly not the expert here, but passing something along my (unfortunately, former since I moved away) Vanagon mechanic said to me. I bought all the parts for the clutch replacement myself, probably from one of our online venders, but I don't remember which one. One item I got was a fiber bushing, 5/8"?. Darrel told me that it is not included in most kits, some vendors don't even list it, and many people miss it in the replacement, especially if it has been worn away to nothing.

So, get that fiber bushing. Many of you probably know what I am talking about, probably more than I do.

mcneely