Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2021, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Jan 2021 22:53:40 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dake (Ian) Collins
Comments: To: "rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM" <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>

A big loss to our community.  As any loss is.Thoughts and prayers to his family.  May the great memories wisk away the grief. Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Fri, Jan 8, 2021 7:04 pm Subject: Re: Dake (Ian) Collins

Sad news indeed - My guess is that small town Maine will miss him almost as much as the Vanagon Community So Long Drake - Unknown to me - Unless it was via windshield wave as we passed each other in different directions

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 8:00 PM Peter Kraiker <turbowesty@gmail.com> wrote:

> We lost a member of the tribe this month, some may already know as it > happened earlier in December. I learned of our loss earlier this evening. > Dake, who decided to go by Ian, left us. Here's the short obituary his > partner Mariah posted earlier: > > Dake's shorter obituary ~ > "Dake “Ian” Collins of Liberty, Maine, died peacefully December 5, 2020. > He was born Friday, September 13, 1946 in Rochester, NY. > To request later notification of his spring Celebration of Life, please > reply to DakeIanCelebration@gmail.com > In the 80s and 90s, as Economic and Community Development Director, Dake > helped to stimulate the revitalization of the City of Rockland by > writing and managing implementation of numerous grants to fund and > attract small businesses to the city and to renovate many low-income > residences. He served on the boards of the Midcoast Mental Health Center > and the Rockland Public Library and subsequently became Town Manager in > North Haven. He also deeply valued his associations with Maine Coast Men > and the Universalist Church of Rockland, and the Unitarian Universalist > Churches of Ellsworth and Belfast. > Since 2007, “Ian” (as he was known in the Belfast area), volunteered as > long as his health allowed with Hospice Volunteers of Waldo County, > Funeral Consumer Alliance, Common Ground Fair, Waldo County Cooperative > Extension, Liberty Lakes Association, and Veterans for Peace . > Dake is pre-deceased by his younger brother Mark Collins and his parents > Francis and Mary Elizabeth (Bristol) Collins. > He will be deeply missed by his beloved partner, Mariah Williams of > Liberty; his son Jesse Bristol Brown-Collins, Jesse’s wife Christina > Flood and Dake's adored grandson Henry Collins of Whitefield; Jesse’s > mother Jenni Johnson of Newcastle; Mariah’s daughter Tracy Williams and > husband Scott Allen of Northport, ME, Mariah’s son Jason Williams and > wife Crista Barrasso of Huntington, NY. > Please see RipostaFH.com > < > https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FRipostaFH.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1_dye2etYzJlingiE8kSwmVTPfqhHj_7hNKfPGranXstGjk7cxx5MJVqs&h=AT19pd67UyyiBlZWHNUPDouXvimmA2STuBXnxTMwzpydQV2Xrb9mrYLTwG9OBgAWXq4ggZkHcOzd7m9ZzpSA3VhO40JYkJc6puqTcCMBmfB8OHJ330Zkr2giqQkh2lHGbVZjUByxEA&__tn__=-UK-y1.g-R&c[0]=AT3up9UITh7dp3a8S2rC0RzZyw8mXJ00HzUQOnSIX8CWWHK-ECwilwDoyvn9OgZKt5mBoIKcLrQUD-B-maBLvHqLf3tXpVct1eAs5VHUm1Trs3P4QeHWoKCR-5mpt6fM5pg > > > for more complete information or, in lieu of flowers, to make a donation > in his memory. > > We connected because of a little thing... he added an ice cube tray to > my bus. And he will live on in my Westy because of that. > http://nextchapter.kraiker.ca/travel/onward-from-mont-sainte-anne-part-1/ > > 2Youand1 other > > -- > Regards, Peter Kraiker > Website: Kraiker.Photography > <http://kraiker.photography><http://kraiker.photography> > Blog: NextChapter.Kraiker.ca <http://Nextchapter.kraiker.ca> > 1982 Vanagon L Westy 1.9TD >

-- roger whittaker 604.414.6266

---------------------------------------------------------- PR MARINE SURVEYORS & http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com LinkedIn -

  - ca.linkedin.com/pub/roger-whittaker/14/78a/b71/Explore printed work at:     http://www.prliving.ca/   View the growing list of video work at:   http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u   http://vimeo.com/42309497

  http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt