Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2021, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Feb 2021 15:55:23 -0800
From:         Dan N <dn92610@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Broken belt to Water pump
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net>

there are 2 questions...

1. Why don't they give the water pump a dedicated belt as for the A/C? The belt driving both alternator and water pump will wear out faster... right? 2. Why did VW give up on air cooled engines and move to water cooled in 1985 while Porsche kept air cooled engines till 1997? If we have a good air cooled engine we won't have the water pump and belt issue... right?