Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2021, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Feb 2021 00:52:40 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Not an oil temp post
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>

Right.  I recently asked a similar question; on how to be on top of regular Vanagon maintenance via an EXCEL spreadsheet or the like. With minimal replies, I am assuming everybody is fine with their own method.  I will soon come up with my method, and a spreadsheet does wonders for that.  GoWesty posted great clues, and I for sure will tally this advice in.  Yeah, it's all about planning ahead.  As best as possible. Breakdown on the road is no fun.  Now....who is going to go outside and grease up their front wheel bearings?

Cost me a lot of money; just saying.

Rich San Diego

On Saturday, February 27, 2021, 4:36:05 PM PST, Eric Caron <ericcaron96@comcast.net> wrote: I wonder if your responses might include a app that does that and also much more for tracking vehicle care.

I tried one recommended here a year ago but not accessible for a blind person.

Now you might laugh and say why would a blind person need this?  Well it isn’t about driving the car it is about it’s care and that would be a good job for me with all our cars.  And, I will leave the driving to others. That is until the car drives itself.  Maybe in the next couple of years?

But the simple speedo app would still be helpful to me as I need to keep track of my drivers!

I used to be able to tell bus speed by the sound of the engine, but with a new engine and updated transmission I’ll have a learning curve.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Still at VW Spa Bohemia  But, returning home soon.