Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2021, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Apr 2021 22:34:55 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tire Holder?
Comments: To: Bruce Todd <beeceetee@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Bruce,

I think it was available for a time. Or perhaps I’m confusing it with a fuel storage tank that was designed to go in that spot.

Actually now that I’m thinking more deeply I think the fuel tank actually fit inside the spare in the clamshell. I can see using the space for tools, belts and spare fuel pump and such but no fuel in that spot for me! I like the look of the spare on the back and I think the front spare storage is great though I wish it fit a matching wheel to my new set up.

But I’ll stick to the set up with the GW steel wheel in the original spot as I access the back a lot and am too lazy to keep swinging the spare out of the way.

But a sturdy round container for inside the front spare is now on my watch list.

I wonder how hot that area gets?

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto