Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2021, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Apr 2021 17:02:38 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Hitch step new van improvement

Hi list,

I just received a hitch step that goes in the Dennis Haynes hitch. Actually Dennis helped pick it out based on my wife’s immediately using the hitch for a step.

This one is about 2 feet wide but interestingly has a tube shape going from left to right. It is gentler on the shin knocking. It also is so nice to easily reach high on the van and to be able to easily sit in the back.

But, there is more!

It is a tube shape and two plastic caps on either end. I’ve already started planning how I can use the protected space in there for items. It looks waterproof to me and items could be placed in ziplocks and stored there. I know it is crazy but what fun it is to try to come up with creative things.

A screw holds on the cap from the underside. If I changed that to a thumb screws I’d have easy access to a 24 inch long about 5 inch oval of space.

What do you think Alistair and others?

A temporary storage until I get those rear light compartments!sorted?

Actually might just fit my stock jack and lug wrench.

So much creative fun to be had.

Eric Caron Still overwhelmed with the positive energy of having my van home!