Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2021, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:13:28 -0300
From:         Roy Nicholl <RNicholl@NBNET.NB.CA>
              TechnicalProblem)
Comments: To: Steve Williams <sbw@SBW.ORG>

Like Steve, I too have the ability and experience to host the list (on Mailman or GroupServer ... or a move to something new and hybrid like Discuss).

If and when Jim decides he would rather be camping.

Steve Williams wrote on 2021.04.27 15:26: > On 4/27/2021 10:11 AM, Mark McCulley wrote: >> ... Here is a quote from an email from Jim Arnott, the site >> administrator a few >> years ago discussing what might be involved in upgrading the software: >> >> ... A minimum of $5k ... > > First, all due respect to Jim Arnott! I value this list and appreciate > his long service. The following is just for information, if Jim might > be interested in migrating the list. > > I run several email lists for a nonprofit group and one for a group of > sailing friends. I'm using an independent provider that does a great > job: > > https://www.mailmanlists.net/en/pricing > > I don't know how many subscribers Vanagon List has, but I would be > willing to cover the cost and share the cost with anyone else who values > the list. > > I would be happy to help Jim migrate the list. Or I'm willing to do the > migration. > > I would need a list of subscribers. If possible, I would need a dump of > the archive. The provider above can import archives no problem, if > they're in a standard format. Or I can write software to convert the > archives. Including base64 decoding, of course. > > Or I will remain a happy and understanding subscriber to Vanagon List! > > More background: > > I ran my own open source Mailman lists on my own server for years. At > some point, I found I was more interested in other projects, so I was > glad to find mailmanlists.net. > > My sailing friends list has just a few subscribers. Here is our web > site: > > https://marker12.org/ > > The largest list I manage has about 4,500 subscribers. Here's the web > site of that nonprofit: > > https://baychi.org/subscribe/