Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2021, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Apr 2021 11:29:10 +0000
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      What lands in the Spam folder?  My notes.

Folks, Judging by my history, this will not appear on the list but only in the replies by others.  I intended to do this for longer but this should adequately confuse anyone.  Enjoy. Recorded by date in the order in which I received them.  //denotes a comment line. Tuesday 4/20 Re: Rear hatch vibration Why all vanagon sound alikeJim. Felder (response to Dan N's post)  Re: New Vanagon SupportJoe T (response to Richard Koerner) Re: Email issueDave Weaver (response to Mark Belanger) Oil plug reusable washer? (looks like new thread)Eric Caron  Re: Mail issueEric Caron (response to Jim Arnott) //Is it the sender or is it the thread?  Seems that responses in the same thread to someone who landed in the Spam/Junk folder also land in that folder, but I'll need to be careful to check against the Inbox to be sure that they or other senders in that thread do not land there.  Wednesday 4/21 Re: New Vanagon SupportMark Belanger (response to Richard Koerner) //My own post replying to Mark's post landed in my Inbox and not in my Spam folder so the phenomenon might not be thread-dependent. Re: Rear hatch vibration Why all vanagon sound alikeJim. Felder (response to Dan N's post) Thursday 4/22 Re: Email issueJennifer Rabbitt (no apparent response but no other posts quoted in this one) Re: SoCal Van Meet, Sunday Apr 25, Dana Point near beachSteve Williams (but no other posts quoted in this one) Re: New Vanagon SupportSudhir Desai (response to Rob, below)and Rob (response to Richard Koerner) list issues (looks like a new thread)Jon VonOhlsen Re: Thinking ahead about a move from California to Scotland?Ben T (response to Jennifer Rabbit) //This one is odd.  I did not get Jennifer's original post, but only included in Ben T's response, then I got Alistair Bell's response to the thread, Jennifer's response to that, and Mike Miller's response; HOWEVER, Richard Koerner (whose posts have so far been in the Spam folder) landed in the Inbox with his response to this thread. //That was my first apparent anomaly, so at this point I should probably give up but, another unseen original post turns up in responses in Spam. Re: Vanagonauts.comKarl Ploessl (looks like Joe T originated the thread but I never saw that except in replies, then other posts by Loren Busch, Jim Arnott and Karl Ploessl again follow)//What's weird is the sequence in some of these threads. Joe T's original post appears above Karl Ploessl's reply with times in sequence, as you would expect, but the rest of the replies have post times BEFORE THE ORIGINAL POST.  Maybe this a Yahoo thing that lists post times according to time zones and not actual thread sequence. I mean, we can't really reply to Joe T until we know what he writes, right?

//Jennifer's Scotland thread did the same thing.  Ben T's 0138 response landed at the top the thread, followed by Jennifer's 0208 original, Alistair's 0208 first response, Jennifer's 0238 response to him and Mike Miller's 0239 response. -----------Okay, I'm done.   Stephen