Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2021, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 May 2021 09:20:45 -0400
From:         Jack R <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Not all USB are created equal.
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>

Hi Eric,

The power cord used also plays a part in the voltage transfer to a phone, etc. (look for 3A Fast Charge) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JPJD5Y4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These cables have a green power on indicator too, which helps you know that the plug on the other end hasn't come undone.

I put this unit in place of the Euro plug, very easy install.. as power was already there! Also displays the voltage, and powers two devices. I run a line from it into the glove box, up through the dash to the ashtray, where the power cord exits to my phone holder. Clean! https://www.amazon.com/Charger-BAODANTECH-Aluminum-Waterproof-Motorcycle/dp/B07YX3Y7CM/ref=sr_1_28?dchild=1&keywords=usb+dash+boat&qid=1620046317&sr=8-28

I placed another one of these in the back cabinet, upper right corner above the drawer, feeding off the rear battery, so now I have voltage readings on both batteries, and USB from either battery. https://photos.app.goo.gl/4ckWZ5yATKrfo4dy8

Jack