Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2021, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 May 2021 07:07:50 -0700
From:         Dan N <dn92610@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diagnosing flashing lights
Comments: To: B Feddish <UprightBassGhost@hotmail.com>

Do you still have the blue ribbon in the gauge cluster or do you have the new improved version?

I don't know about the new improved version but with the blue ribbon please check the flat 14 pin connectors to see if it's damaged or not or doesn't have a good connection. The pins #12 and #13 are for oil pressure and the #6 is for the coolant. If the thin copper strips were damaged you can repair them with copper foil tape repair (do not use soldering iron). https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Adhesive-Copper-Foil-Tape/dp/B07CSKGHDW/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=circuit+board+trace+repair&qid=1620309992&sr=8-6

good luck