Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2021, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2021 11:33:24 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Front end rattle solved
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

Hi Alistair,

The bushings I replaced looked just like the new ones except they were highly compressed in the center. They became almost paper thin. One was ripped almost through. Even though they felt just like the ones I replaced them with I hope the new ones from Bus Lab, are a better material.

I’m pretty sure when new the old ones would have felt and looked just like the new ones. Quality of materials is a common disappointment for me. There is no reason they should have failed so quickly other then the material was not up to the task. If these fail, I’m tempted to make my own out of a old silicon pot holder.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto