Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2021, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 May 2021 08:07:49 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Rear wheel noise
Comments: To: David Boan <dboan@outlook.com>

Yeah that spacer sleeve.

My thought is, that if worn short it might allow the hub to sit further inboard. By just a little.

But I’m not sure of this being your problem. The spacer only locates the inner race of the outer roller bearing.

Yeah , something isn’t spaced right. The backing plate mounted without any warpage? And sitting right on the bearing housing?

I admit, obvious questions :-)

Alistair