Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2021, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 May 2021 17:50:32 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bad battery?
Comments: To: Dan N <dn92610@GMAIL.COM>

+2Digital clock current draw is extremely low, almost like your digital wristwatch; so is yellow wire on modern radios that maintain station presets.  A possible culprit might be if you have an 12VDC to 120VAC inverter in system.  I went to the trouble of adding a switch on my inverter to make absolutely sure it was disconnected from system when not in use.  If parasitic current draw happens, my first inclination would be to look at accessories attached and understand what is going on.

On Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:35:02 AM PDT, Dan N <dn92610@gmail.com> wrote: +1 I agree with Karl. The digital clock won't kill the battery. All my vans have digital clock and some of them were for about 6 months or more and had no problem with the battery.

So if there's a problem with a weak/bad battery when parked then there's something else to look at.