Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2021, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 May 2021 10:48:44 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      July VT Camp out

To My Vanagon friends.

I just sent out this update on the bus camp out we host.

So, start planning the trip East!

Eric Caron

Dear west River Westies Community,

we happily announced in March that we expected to hold west River Westies this year. Only possible issue was negative changes in the COVID situation.

Well, we are able to announce for sure that all is on track for our event to happen as planned and mostly the same as in the past, with just a few small updates.

Vermont is currently doing very well with our COVID response and lead the country with number of people with at least one vaccine dose. And, things are opened up for July for those vaccinated.

So, if you have not dusted off that bus, van, or other special vehicle, it’s time!

I’ve been getting a lot of emails from people planning to attend. Many are first timers looking for information. Also, regulars double checking we are back on track.

Here is some useful information

Date: July 9, 10, and 11 2021 People can come early and stay late. You simply pay by the number of days you stay.

Reserving your spot: Just show up. I know that sounds crazy but it’s true! New attenders are always surprised. I know I was too. But, it is a group site and all you need to do is arrive with your bus or substitute bus, or substitute tent and you find a place in the group area and settle with the office for the number of nights you stay.

Cost: Is expected to be the same as in the past $23.00 per night, but this is set by the camp office.

Campfires? Shared circles among the buses. Pretty much everything is shared, electrical, water, fire circles, good stories, music, and laughter as well.

Electric and water: shared hookups. Generally people share the power and the water is left open for all to use. The extension cords can get a little wild, but it has always worked out.

What do I do when I arrive: If the office is open check in. If not go to the group site and set up. If not sure where to go Look for Eric and Heidi in the white Westfalia covered in flowers. We will have a welcome area with group registration, sign in, information, and freebees.

Why doesn’t Eric waive at us: One of your hosts Eric, is blind so don’t just waive, introduce yourself, or if a past person give a good loud greeting! Heidi will be happy to wave! And yes, his dog is a Guide Dog so ignore her even if you are a dog person! And, even if her kind dog eyes say come visit. Be strong she is working and can’t play until all work is done.

How do I get there: The event is located at: Bald Mountain Campground 1760 State Forest Road Townshend VT, 05353 Phone: (802) 365 7510 Email: baldmountaincampground@hotmail.com <mailto:baldmountaincampground@hotmail.com>

How is cell coverage: Cell coverage is very poor. You can get on guest wifi at the office. Other then that it is a challenge to find a signal. So, come ready to relax and camp.

What is the bathroom and shower situation: This year, due to COVID, the bathrooms are expected to be closed. There will be plenty of portable toilets. This means the sinks and showers are not available. So plan on solar showers or river. Come prepared. Normally there are two bathrooms with showers and sinks. We hope to have them back in the future.

Is there a pot luck: Out of extra COVID caution we will not be having a pot luck. We certainly hope to bring this back in a future event.

Is there a bus item raffle: Yes, For new folks, this is where you bring your vW items to donate to a raffle. The place for the extra bus items or camping items, or VW items, that you are not using or have extra. It is amazing what shows up. People get to leave with fun and useful bus items. The proceeds go to Grace Cottage Hospital, a very sweet rural hospital. This year we also have some items donated from Go Westy, but the items from participants are what make it all work.

Event atmosphere: This event is special among VW bus gatherings in that it is truly a camp out. There are only a few events like the raffle and the rest of the time people mingle and meet. They get to know other folks and enjoy the bus talk. But, They also enjoy the camp out for the river tubing, hikes, biking, swim in the river and doing whatever strikes your interest. This is the most laid back event we know of!

Host information: Eric Caron and Heidi Fischer Contact Eric eric.caron@icloud.com <mailto:eric.caron@icloud.com> Cell, 802 430 4413