Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2021, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Jun 2021 08:01:40 -0700
From:         Bruce Todd <beeceetee@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Temp Sender and Gauge Engine lugging and other thoughts.
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks Dennis, I am glad we had this conversation - as I would have been lugging the motor per your explanation thinking I was giving the motor a break by not pushing it into the higher rpm range by dropping to third but instead staying in that balance between the rpms not gaining or losing any rpm when climbing the bridge in 4th the other day.

In terms of engine health and oil temp - what would you say is better to maintain on flat highway for a duration in 4th ....between 3200 to 3600 rpm or between 3800 to 4200?

BT