Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2021, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jun 2021 12:03:38 -0700
From:         Bruce Todd <beeceetee@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Temp Sender and Gauge
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Running a direct yellow wire from sender to the blue gauge wire at the cluster. Direct ground from engine to gauge wire (blk). Purple gauge wire to a lead to the dimmer switch and power (red) from dash.

In every scenario the gauge spikes - unless I ground the sender separately - and the gauge does not zero out with the sender wire disconnected - unless the sender is grounded separately.

Bruce