Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2021, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jun 2021 21:52:53 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Springs & shocks (apologize in advance)
Comments: To: Bruce Todd <beeceetee@gmail.com>
Comments: cc: pnoceanwesty@gmail.com

Bruce

I don’t know. I can, and am, using spacers too get to 19.5 or so lift.

I don’t want to go over 20”. ( measurements all hub Center to fender lip)

I was just wondering if really, my springs are tired.

I like the perky look , but not the lifted look. Purpose wise, I’d want to keep above 19” .

My current hobby horse, is lightening the van . Will help with the ground clearance, without needing lift, and be less stressful on every part of the van.

I’m always amazed when I see the weights of other outfitted vans. I know there is no avoiding some level of loading… long trips, family, toys, etc…. But for me and my purpose I’m tending to a leaner van.

It’s just the two of us now making the van trips. So it’s easier to slim things down

Alistair