Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2021, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jul 2021 20:24:22 -0600
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Any Guesses ~~ Now For Sure Your Turn Please ~

So 1st a Correction to previous note > I had intended to check those PwrSteering Wires

when Van arrived back in ABQ but apparently didn’t as now that the Van has gotten back for

My attention it is pretty obvious that the DC+ of those 2 was the culprit > It was Dangling &

missing 8-10 Inches of Its insulation ~ Owner had Power Washed Eng’ before heading out of

Roswell that Morn’ that the WireFry happened & I suspect that that wire got blown off during

that Wash & ended up connecting to ground ~

Removed Bad Harness day before Yesterday & Yest’ Morn’ installed known good harness

that I had taken out of a Westy a few Years ago so as to install a GW EFI & also a spare ECU &

Idle Control Relay just incase ~ For a few hours it would not start so during that period I tried

4 diff’ ECUs & 2 Diff’ ICRs > Crank No Start ~ I was on My own so had no way to see if a Spark

was happening but finally got an assist’ & determined No Spark ~ All Volt's to Igni’ & Fuel Sys’

seemed to be correct & Coil checked out OK so thought I would swap in a spare Dizzy incase

the Hall Sen’s had been damaged somehow & it Came To Life but wasn’t running properly ~

Assuming it was probably Off Time due to Dizzy Swap I shut it down & took a short break ~

With T’Light all hooked up & @Ready, turned key & No Start ~ A couple of hours later it again

FiredUp & Timing got done & then it quit & NoStart ~ This Morn’ it Fired Right Up & idled @

about 1400rpm for for about 5mins & quit when I attempted to give throttle ~ Couple o hours

later after acquiring a spare Coil & another Dizzy (but not installing yet) It again started & ran

& had smooth power as long as I kept above 2K RPM but died when allowed to attempt idle &

again no start ~ Swapping in Spare Coil & Dizzy has produced No Joy ~

AnyBody have Any Ideas where to look next ~

ORR ~ DeanB