Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2021, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Jul 2021 00:08:45 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Rostra 250-1223  Cruise Control

Over the last 30 years, I have had some great success with aftermarket cruise controls.  I've been very happy with the Audiovox CCS-100 unit.  But Servo failed; replaced with one from Murphs Kits, and all was good again.  Unfortunately, even though Murphs somehow got the tooling and was able to reproduce, they are no longer offering that.  About a year ago, I found on eBay a CCS-100 cruise control kit; bought it as a backup.  Today on drive, no cruise control; so, I have my backup and will again try replacing the servo....but this is getting old, tired of failures.  Thinking it might be time to switch from vacuum actuated cruise control to electronic cruise control as per the Rostra unit.  I still want to do some trouble-shooting, but since I had great success the first time with only replacing the servo, that is my first angle of attack.

Wondering if any of you have experience with the Rostra 250-1223 Universal Cruise Control Kit ($209 on Amazon).  I already have the dash mounted control switch, and also the magnets (zip-tied to CV Joint) and the pickup sensor, and of course all the wiring from stem to stern.  So installation to replace the CCS-100 with the Rostra 250-1223 should be pretty easy.  I've researched the GoWesty version of cruise control....too complex to install, ugh.

Vehicle is 85 Tintop, 2.2 Subie motor, manual transmission.

Comments or experience on the Rostra one?