Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2021, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Jul 2021 16:52:11 -0500
From:         Cary Chiang <ccchiang1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Starter question
Comments: To: Douglas Toomey <drt@uoregon.edu>

Alex's response about measuring the voltage is good, and Bruce's idea we'll also help you to determine if the solenoid is sticking (though I would tap on the solenoid, not "bang" on it). I used to do that to mine once. However, instead of crawling under the van, I would use a broomstick and carefully angle it just above the right rear tire to get a straight shot at the solenoid.