Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2021, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Jul 2021 20:46:41 -0700
From:         Ryan Cresawn <jrcresawn@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: low idle when AC compressor is on
Comments: To: vw_van_fan_Mark <madvws@cox.net>

Mark,

I followed your troubleshooting advice by connecting the positive terminal on the alternator and the W/G signal wire. The idle rpm increased from ~880 to ~1000. I sprayed contact cleaner on the contacts of the yellow connectors for the single wire and bent the receptacle contacts to add a little more friction to the fit. Now engine idle increases when the compressor is on as it should and it does not want to stall.

Thank you, Ryan