Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2021, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jul 2021 08:41:33 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Update on Anti Sway bar T3. Rattle solved
Comments: To: Jaime <jforero@sbcglobal.net>

Hi Jaime,

Here is the description from Chris at T3. This is the method I followed. I used 1/8 inch flat stock rather then a washer.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Hi Eric,

I'm sending this message to you personally, but I also sent it to the group. I'm not sure the one to the group will go through since many of my posts/replies get blocked. I did reply to this back when the subject first came up, but who know why it never got posted.

Anyway, here is the reply I sent:

This issue comes up now and again and I never like seeing it, obviously. Why only a few have this issue, and not all, is kind of baffling, but I assume it has to do with the Bar's position on the chassis and/or possibly the bends in the bracket are slightly inconsistent. I'm not sure.

However, the cure seems to be pretty simple for those that have to deal with it. All you need is to loosen the bolts holding the bar to the chassis, insert a flat washer (or any other piece of metal) that is about 1/8" thick between the bushing and the chassis, and tighten up the bolts. I know it sounds kind of crude, but that's all it takes to fix the problem.

In an effort to try to stop this issue for all, I have changed the bushings used for the 2wd kits so if anyone who has this rattling issue wants to switch to the newer bushings, I do have them available.

I do apologize for the hassle, annoyance, and inconvenience this causes.

Christopher