Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2021, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Aug 2021 08:43:02 -0700
From:         Dan N <dn92610@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bike racks and luggage carriers hanging off a hitch.
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Yes... the tow loops are meant to apply the load Horizontally and not Vertically. I have the Burley hitch similar to Dennis' design but it's behind the bumper so I have to cut a square hole.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=894429

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=750992