Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2021, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Aug 2021 18:08:40 -0400
From:         Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: gasket between cv joint and stub axle
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks for the quick reply Dennis. I went out to the garage just now and said a few bad words when I found that the CV joint has a rim around the edge that creates a recess for the gasket to lie in. I'm too "thrifty" to replace the CV so I guess I'll try to buy the gasket. Someone in the past must have installed a "universal replacement " CV joint.

Larry A.

Interesting book: Rust The Longest War by Jonathan Waldman