Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2021, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Oct 2021 14:43:28 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: 82 air cooled automatic vanagon
Comments: To: dan h <dubblodan@GMAIL.COM>

The booster is forward of the instrument cluster (Bentley 47.10) not in the engine compartment.

Blown power brake booster and master cylinder.. The white smoke was the brake fluid being drawn into the intake system and burning. No start may be a combination of vacuum leak (to the brake booster) and/or fouled plugs from the brake fluid. First step, replace the master cylinder & brake booster. I believe that one from bmw 1984-1991 models 318i, 325e, and 325i provides an increased boost. (more brake with less pedal pressure) and fits with little to no modifications.

I’m sure others will chime in, but that’s what I’d be looking at.

Jim