Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2021, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Nov 2021 10:48:02 -0700
From:         Mark McCulley <markmcculley@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propex 1600 blowing fuses

Thanks all for the lubrication suggestions. I'm at a bit of an impasse now, when I removed the armature the seized bushing came out of its retainer. Getting it back in place is going to involve removing part of the bushing retainer that wasn't designed to be disassembled. You can see the bushing retainer in these photos:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0QJ0DiRHJtI2mL;752DD1FD-0B92-4B8F-9ACE-ED5304E77B01 https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0QJ0DiRHJtI2mL;FD01879A-EFB3-4B61-891B-69B42133D385

I'm thinking I may be able to drill out the 6 holes with the rivets to remove the retainer and then reassemble using small bolts and nuts. Does that seem reasonable?

I learned that the newer Propex HS2000 would require me to drill more holes in the floor of my van and I'd really like to avoid that if possible. I've reached out to a Propex dealer (Van Cafe) to see if they can get a new motor from across the pond. My other options are to find a used working 1600 heater or a broken one that has a good motor. All of these options seem fairly unlikely, repairing the motor may be my only choice.

-Mark