Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2021, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Nov 2021 13:59:34 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: ISO North Westy Stainless Steel Bracket for ARB awning
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

Yes,

I’d love to be able to touch the different options to see the differences.

I opted for three brackets as well for a 10 foot awning. I am using the GW ones. I’m currently not drilling into the van as the same brackets only recently added the direction to do that they used to be optional.

If the awning works out well for a extended time I may actually do the Nutsert but for now it seems rock solid with the three clamped brackets.

I was interested in the VC version as they are reported to be taller but they are powder coat and I seem to see lots of wear on painted items like that, so I prefer the stainless option.

Most of my observations are that people are using two brackets, but I wanted three for security and because I’m not drilling into the body.

Eric