Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2021, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Dec 2021 22:28:55 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: wallaced
Comments: To: "ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET" <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>

I went to the local VW dealership in Salem, MA a few years back (when they were there) to pick up a part.  I parked in the lot out front and a group of salespersons come out and asked me who made my vehicle and where I got it.  They had never seen a Vanagon, never mind a Westy, or heard of them, or knew anything about them.  Including the fact that the engine was in the back.  So much for VW history taught to salesmen, By the way, they thought it was a very cool van. Dave B.the boston one

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Tue, Dec 28, 2021 4:42 pm Subject: Re: wallaced

Hi Pete,  your van sounds Great!  I hope you share more in the future.

        It sounds like we made similar upgrades on our buses.

I’ve had the same question asked of me recently.  Is that a new van?  Where can I get one?

        When I explain it is 37 years old and not made since 1991 the folks seemed shocked.

This happened more when my paint was refreshed.  Less so when it is not shined up.

So, I try to keep shiny.

Eric Caron