Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2022, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2022 17:55:44 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: temp light blinking
Comments: To: David McNeely <davmcneely40@gmail.com>

Dave, I have been holding off replying to your question....in hopes that more savvy mechanics would chime in.  But in my case with low coolant in pressure vessel, I simply disconnected the hose at blue cap, removed cap, filled pressure vessel to top; replaced cap and hose, and all has been well for two years.  Yes, did this with cool motor.  Remember...motor coolant expands with temperature rise.  The idea of a properly sealed system is that as coolant expands, it overflows into the other tank, and then as coolant temperature lowers, there is suction that draws back from overflow tank to refill pressure vessel tank.  The fact that this is not working so good seems to me that some leak is occurring in one of the hoses or hose connection, and that "air" is being drawn back into pressure tank instead of coolant.  But I don't see any harm with what I have described, other than it doesn't fix the "root" of the problem.  Again, I'm patiently waiting along with you for expert opinions from the other guys.

On Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 06:21:10 PM PST, David McNeely <davmcneely40@gmail.com> wrote: Drove the camper 25 miles this afternoon (with available coolant in the cabin).  LED never blinked, and after engine was warm, rode dead center on the LED, like it usually does.  Ambient temp this afternoon low 30s.  I should have mentioned before also, the heater provided plenty of warm (almost hot) air.  Would the heater heat with low coolant?  As I said before, the overflow tank was at max, and I can't see in the pressure tank, ,walls opaque, though plastic. mcneely