Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2022, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Feb 2022 21:36:33 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Another D15 connector failure example
Comments: To: "albell@SHAW.CA" <albell@SHAW.CA>

Hi Alistair.  Just for fun, what would one have to do to move the connection from the D15 to the larger D23?  Is the wiring sufficient or would one want to do changes there also?  Sounds like it may be a wise change. Dave B.the Boston one

-----Original Message----- From: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sat, Feb 19, 2022 3:14 pm Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Another D15 connector failure example

I’ve went round in circles with what caused what..  and I’m not thinking d15 had anything to do with fire.

The d15 supplies ign coil and, this is the kicker, the crankcase vent heating unit. That heater is fused just upstream of it.

But it draws current which stresses the d15. Other same era Vw used d23, larger pin. Vanagon didn’t.

I’ll guess fuel lines were culprit for the fire.

Alistair