Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2022, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Mar 2022 19:34:39 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: electric or hydraulic power steering
Comments: To: "thomas.casal@GMAIL.COM" <thomas.casal@GMAIL.COM>

I would be careful about using those old metal lines.  All it took mine was getting wider tires and turning the wheel while not moving.  The leak almost cost me an on-road break down.  In the pouring rain.  It did take a couple of bottles of ATF to get home.Those metal lines have been subjected to a lot of abuse under there over the years.  Check them carefully if you decide to use them. Dave B.the Boston one

-----Original Message----- From: Tom C <thomas.casal@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sat, Mar 19, 2022 12:01 pm Subject: Re: [VANAGON] electric or hydraulic power steering

Looks like there is a high pressure hose too 319.00 from pump to long metal line