Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2022, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 May 2022 12:45:30 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: lock code reading
Comments: To: "ericcaron96@comcast.net" <ericcaron96@comcast.net>

Thanks Eric! Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@comcast.net> To: David Bjorkman <ddbjorkman@verizon.net> Cc: Vanagon List <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Sun, May 15, 2022 8:20 pm Subject: Re: lock code reading

To find the code remove one of your original door handles from the driver or passenger door.  Easily done with single screw behind the weather stripping.  You can find it by feeling or seeing the cut out in the metal by the handle.   Once the handle is out there is a fork, two prongs.  The code is tiny and on the prong.  Often you need to clean it a bit to see it. Steve Sandlin does an amazing job and fast.  I have his email if you need it.  He has nice choices of keys including some very fancy ones. Eric Caron

On May 15, 2022, at 6:00 PM, ddbjorkman@verizon.net wrote: Hi Eric.  I am aware of the key code, but where on the handle can one find the code.  I know, stupid question, but with my eyes (really aware of your condition, at least I can see somewhat), I need a more exact position of the code, what part of the handle. and you are easier than the archives.   It seems that I have slowly been unable to communicate by the list After confirmation it was OK, then only in replies, now it seems nothing goes through.  Oh well.  Thanks for the info in advance. Dave B.