Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2022, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 May 2022 08:00:54 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: ECU Digital
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@comcast.net>

Eric, the BOELER digitool eventually evolved into SHOEBOX ELECTRONIX and at last check was sold by Van Cafe. I have owned two of these and used them on all of my '86 and after vans with the WBX 2.1 L engine. The things saved me from a lot of headaches and saved me time. You can do everything with a meter that the Shoebox Diagnostic tool does, but not nearly as efficiently. You can spend hours messing with a meter when the diagnostic tool gets right down to the nitty gritty. I don't know about now, but in the past you could have your own ECU factory fitted with a short ribbon cable that attached to a longer ribbon cable that extended to the dash and attached to the diagnostic box. That way you could sit in the driver/passenger seat and monitor readouts while operating the vehicle. Avery worthwhile tool in my opinion. I don't know if it works with the pre-1986 ECU'S.