Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2022, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jun 2022 20:44:03 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Westy Shock Recommendations
Comments: To: Tom C <thomas.casal@gmail.com>

I’ll just put in my 2cts

Bilstein 16” Syncro shocks front and rear . Can’t recall the product number. Fronts have movable spring perch, I’ve raised them and added spacers on rear, 19.5” height , usual measurement .

215/75 yoko ats g15 tires.

Stock springs .

Chris at T3 warned me that some of his customers found this shock too harsh.

I’m happy with them. Very controlled. No nose dive. Unladen westy is on harsh side. Not disagreeable to me. But that’s personal preference.

Loaded it’s very nice. Logging road travel much improved over stock boge.

It’s not applicable data for 2wd, but I thought I’d put in a little love for the billies .

Alistair