Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2022, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jun 2022 13:30:08 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Product review GW clutter catcher  and topper idea

Hi folks,

So years ago I made a special wood box to go between the front seats. It was very nice but too big and too tall.

A Gw clutter catcher came with my 84. It was just about perfect. Plastic but light and had nice fabric highlights. It had places for everything. I ordered one for the 85.

The price was fine about $45. The shipping was crazy about $46. I purchased a few small random items an after unsuccessfully talking with the shipping department I ordered it as I could not find it any where else.

It arrived They said shipping was high due to box size. Funny, I received much bigger heavier boxes from other venders with much less of a cost, $14 for complete Axle.

So, the new console is ok but not as nice as the one from 2010 no fabric highlights all plastic. And no flip lid on the back small compartment.

Still nice for the van but at the combined cost I can’t recommend. As a side note. I was frustrated with the shipping cost so deleted the GW topper I was going to purchase. I found that the standard size for a weighted blanket cover is 48 by 72. I ordered foam from the foam factory and the combined cost with shipping was about $120 for everything. The fit is perfect and my wife loves having the topper.

I ordered 47 inches by 72 and it is just a tiny bit wide. In the particular cover I bought. It may end up being a exact fit once it settles in. But I might recommend 46.5 inches wide. Or get 1.5 inches deep rather then the 2 inches I got. The 1.5 on our topper that came with the 84 seems fine, so if I did over I’d probably do that.

Just some info to share.

Eric Caron