Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2022, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jul 2022 18:15:15 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Testing after some computer issues
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Hi Richard,

Personally I find that particular group unhelpful, and often nasty in tone, and left it. Same with Bent’s Van Cafe .

I prefer Reel Vanagon Owners group and all but Bent you mentioned and Many other strong folks are there. If avoids much of the nasty tone and off topic posts on the VOG list you are promoting.

I administer a Facebook group for my event. I’m using the format as needed.

But, I’m on this list because it has strengths Facebook lacks.

I hope we are still posting long after Facebook has been replaced. Did you know there is a vanagon.com Facebook group? Lower traffic then this email server but it perks along. I also noticed an electric Vanagon group with over 8,000 members. Facebook has its place.

I think everyone on this lists knows Facebook exists. It doesn’t have to be one thing or the other.

I recently attended two VW bus gatherings, with over 100 busses each. Some of the long term owners were pleased to hear from me that this list is still around. Maybe a few will be back.

Can we now stop this repeated Facebook discussion we have had before and get back to vanagon content?

Eric Caron 85 Westfalia 84 Westfalia