Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2022, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Jul 2022 17:08:58 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      West River Westies Wrap up

Hi folks,

At least 5 list members were at this VT event. I thought I’d share the wrap up info.

West River Westies Wrap Up 2022

116 participant vehicles 114 camped 106 camped with a VW 2 VW visitors 5 Splitties 27 Bays 1 bug visitor 68 Vanagons 2 Doka, 1 was a visitor 4 Eurovans 1 Cabriolet 1 Bus arrived on a flat bed All buses departed under their own power. 34 Newbies 0 lost in the river

Where folks came from: 7 Canada 22 Vermont 25 Mass 12 NH 11 CT 11 NY 11 Maine 5 RI 3 NJ 1 PA

Special thanks to: Jimmy D. Our incredible Master of Ceremonies The raffle set up and management team, Paula, Deb, Barb, Kurt, and Heidi Alex, for driving the primary tube bus. (The 67 was serving as a camper this year.) Dennis Haynes for a great tech session! Pre-Raffle music by Gary, Natasha, and Jeremy The many Welcome Tent volunteers, Heidi, Deb, Barb, Tom, Paula, Beth, Art and more. Tom Buese for all the social media and communication support. Our FB group grew from 122 to 410 this year! Our Direct email list has 221 members. Many thanks to those who were able to bring raffle items. You folks really rocked it this year! We always have amazing items from our community, but you outdid yourselves!

Thanks to those that noticed when things were needed and chipped in.

Raffle proceeds for 2022 turned out to be a West River Westies record! The donation to Grace Cottage Critical Access Hospital is $2370.00!

Total Raffle Donations to Grace Cottage since 2005 are: $19,560.00!

We so appreciate the three ladies that run Bald Mountain Campground. They were incredibly busy taking care of so many details and worked incredibly long hours to support us. Amazingly, they always seemed to be smiling around our group.

A special thanks to my wife/co-host Heidi for doing so many unsung hero tasks. I’m not talking about the new participant info, or the things to do in our area, or even all the raffle ticket sales and organization. I’m talking about the really important things like who kept refilling the toilet paper in the porta potties!

Truly we are so grateful for the laughter, stories, music, playful happenings etc. Our world needs more groups to model love, fun, sharing, and joy in life together. And you all made that happen for each other.

With joy and warmth, WRW host Eric Caron (and Heidi Fischer)

2022 West River Westies Sponsors

Bus Depot Bus Lab Busware, Tom Buese Dennis VW Service, Dennis Haynes Greenvest, Socially Responsible Investing (Todd Walker) Go Westy Uniwerks Design, Chris Camacho Vanagain, Ken Wilford Van Alert, Abel Longoria Timothy Risk, Washer Bottle Cradle for Vanagon