Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2022, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:51:52 -0500
From:         "Jim. Felder" <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine oil
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@comcast.net>

When I had a 1990 Carat the local VW shop--a very good one--said I should never use synthetic oil in a waterboxer engine as it was not made with tolerances that matched synthetics in molecular size. Can't vouch for the fact, but I never used synthetic in the engine and the cylinders still had the original hatching and burnt no oil after 250K miles.

Jim