Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2022, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jul 2022 14:56:26 -0800
From:         Adam Grove <roverini@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: House Battery and Clearance
Comments: To: Chris Cary <chriscary48@yahoo.com>

It ran close to 17 hours on the 50Ah battery with no charge. My wife keeps ice in it so it is set near the highest setting. That thing is amazing!

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 1:54 PM Chris Cary <chriscary48@yahoo.com> wrote: > > I have a similar refrigerator I like it a lot! How long will that battery run your refrigerator tween charges? > > > Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone > > On Friday, July 29, 2022, 5:17 PM, Adam Grove <roverini@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > I just recently installed a Renology 100Ah lithium battery under the > driver's seat. It just fits! I had to raise the hinged lid by 1/2 > inch by adding a piece of 1/2 x 3/4 inch aluminum angle at the hinge > area but it works with the carpet etc over the top of it. We had a > 50Ah in there before and it was just not enough with the fantastic fan > and Engle freezer between the seats. I will upgrade our 100w panel to > two 100w panels on the roof and hopefully all should be good. We are > adding a propex soon so I am anticipating needing a bit more charging > and reserve. > > Adam > 91 Westy Syncro > > On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 12:12 PM David Boan <dboan@outlook.com> wrote: > > > > I have a Renogy 100 ah AGM battery, and a Truckfridge TF49. The rest of the setup is an 80watt Zamp solar and a two bank SportMarine battery manager. It was more than adequate until I added a propex heater. When it is very cold and the propex is running a lot, or very hot and I am trying to keep ice cream frozen, combined with a group of people wanting to charge every kind of device, my setup is at its limit. Next year I may upgrade the solar. > > > > I have been very happy with the Renogy AGM. No maintenance, no fumes, easy to manage. I looked at Lithium, it does have several advantages, but for the money (under $200 on sale), I thought AGM worked better for me. > > > > Dave B. > > Boise > > ________________________________ > > From: Chris Cary <chriscary48@yahoo.com> > > Sent: Friday, July 29, 2022 1:44 PM > > To: David Boan <dboan@OUTLOOK.COM>; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > Subject: Re: House Battery and Clearance > > > > I also have a battery under the back seat but it has come to the end of its usable life. It is time for me to replace it looking for a recommendation for a long lasting heavy duty battery that would work there too power 12 V refrigerator and all accessories? > > > > Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone<https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/?.src=iOS> > > > > > > On Friday, July 29, 2022, 3:37 PM, David Boan <dboan@OUTLOOK.COM> wrote: > > > > Hi Vanagon Types; > > > > For those considering where to locate an accessory battery, this may be use= > > ful information. > > > > Last year I replaced my deep cycle accessory battery with a 100ah AGM batte= > > ry and installed it in the rear closet (the coat closet, not the one furthe= > > st back. I got some feedback that the added weight (63 lbs) that far back= > > would aggravate the existing tendency to lean to the left. In fact, the di= > > fference between left and right rear wheels measured at the rim was 1" afte= > > r installing the battery (I do not recall what it was before). > > > > I just added a second house battery and rather than have two in the closet = > > I moved both to the driver side of the rear seat, which moved the first bat= > > tery forward and as far right as possible. That had no effect on the fron= > > t height, which also differs 1" from left to right, but it brought up the d= > > river side rear height by 1/4" and lowered the passenger side by 1/4"result= > > ing in a 1/2" difference in height versus the previous 1". > > > > I am interested to know what people think about the point a difference in h= > > eight is meaningless. Is a 1/2" difference in an empty vehicle with a full= > > propane tank not important, i.e. it has no detectible impact on handling? > > > > Wishing you all a great summer of camping > > > > Dave B > > Boise (where it is 103 degrees ;(