Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2022, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2022 15:00:48 -0400
From:         Jack R <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oil leak

Tom,

I've done this job twice since ownership of my 84 Westy. Yes, dropping the trans is required, but it isn't that bad.

The reason I had to do it twice is that Blast Media migrated into the Bell Housing and messed up the rear main seal.

We did the job at my home, and took about 4 hours as I recall. Replacing all the seals and clutch assembly etc. It took about 1000 miles before everything was smooth with the new clutch, and this was over 15k miles ago.

Very happy I did it, and no leaks!

Good luck!

Jack